New Garbage Pickup Q&A
To better help everyone understand the new garbage service, we have put together this Question and Answer document. If you still have questions about the new service effective in January, please contact Tim at MEM at 201-798-1080 ext#210.
1. What company are we using for the garbage pick-up?
• Grand Sanitation.
2. When is this new service going to be effective?
• January 1, 2008.
3. What do I need to do?
The only action that you need to do is to cancel your existing garbage collection service effective December 31, 2007.
• If you are currently using Grand Sanitation, there is nothing that you need to do.
4. What is this service going to cost me?
• This service is going to be added to our monthly Association fee and is an additional $14 per month.
5. What is the collection schedule?
• Garbage pick up will happen every week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
6. What time will the garbage be picked up?
• Grand Sanitation recommends putting the garbage out the night before, as the pick-up will likely happen before 8 AM.
7. Can I use my own garbage cans?
• Yes – Grand Sanitation does not require special garbage cans.
8. Will bulk items be picked up? When?
• Yes, household bulk items will be picked up every Friday.
• The one exception is construction debris. Grand Sanitation will not pick up construction debris.
9. Will grass and leaves be picked up? When?
• Yes – you can put out bags of leaves and/or grass.
• These items will be picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays.
10. Who should I contact if my garbage doesn’t get picked up or if I want to voice a complaint about the new garbage service?
• Please call Tim at MEM at 201-798-1080 ext# 210.
11. What happens to our garbage pick-up on Tuesdays when the Tuesday follows a Monday holiday (e.g., Memorial Day)?
• The garbage will be picked up on the normal day – Tuesday.
12. What happens to the garbage pick up if a holiday falls on our usual pick-up day?
• If this should happen, then the garbage will be picked up on the next normal pick up day. For example, if New Years Day falls on a Tuesday, then the next garbage pick up will be on the Friday of that week. If Christmas falls on a Friday, the next garbage pick up will be on the following Tuesday.
13. What happens if there is a snow storm on the normal garbage pick up days?
• Depending on the weather, Grand will make an attempt to pick up the garbage. If the weather prevents Grand from picking up the garbage, they will come back on the next day. For example, if a snow storm prevents pick up on Tuesday, Grand will be by on Wednesday. If the snow hits on a Friday, then the garbage pick up will be on Tuesday of the next week.
14. Due to changes in my personal situation, I no longer need to participate in this neighborhood-wide service. Can I opt out?
• As some individuals may have unique personal requirements and may not need to use the neighborhood-wide garbage removal service, the Board has included the option for these homeowners to not participate in this program. If you decide to ‘opt out’ of the neighborhood-wide garbage service, you will be responsible for the removal of your own garbage from the neighborhood. The monthly Association Garbage Removal Fee for those homeowners who decide to ‘opt out’ will be waived.
• Contact Tim at MEM at 201-798-1080 ext#210.