The Board of Trustees is distributing a flier announcing a neighborhood-wide garage sale for June 7th & 8th, 2014. The Board writes:
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the attached form send back to MEM by May 16th [Fax: 201- 377-9235 or E-mail: email@example.com]. We will reassess our plans once we have seen the level of interest so we encourage everyone to please respond.
In addition, the flier (download PDF here) adds the following “friendly reminders”:
As everyone gets ready for summer, please remember to:
- Keep your home and property in a good state of cleanliness and repair. This includes but is not limited to making sure that your home’s siding is clean, your trim remains painted, leaves are raked, etc.
- Trim trees/bushes to ensure that the sidewalks are not blocked by low-hanging branches.
- Please honor the property lines of our neighbors and don’t cut through someone’s property without permission.
- The cul-de-sacs are not for continuous or permanent parking.
- Get an approved variance before making any alteration or modification to the exterior of your home.
These are in response to the most common complaints and violations we hear about, including the growth of green algae on the siding of houses, trees obstructing sidewalks, people cutting through other people’s property to get to the Recreation Center, leaving cars overnight in the cup-de-sacs, and most significantly making modifications to their homes without neighborhood approval. Read more